AMERICÆ Aucta DELINEATIO
- Weigel, Christoph, 1654-1725
- Includes bibliographical references (p. xv-xvi) and indexes. In German and Latin. California as an island with indented northern coast, including narrow northeastern peninsula. Place names on California: Nova Albion, Pto. de Carinda, I.S. Clement, I. de Pararos. Regio Incognita, Terra Iesso, Fretum Anian, and Aguebla de Cato to north. Yupi, Iapponia, Corea, Asia Pars, and complete outline of Nova Guinea are shown, as is Neu Amsterdam. Title cartouche of 2 kneeling natives tending a fire, and a standing native holding a spear next to horned goat. (bottom left) LC 5967, 5978. Mare Iesso rather than Mare de Iesso. “II Th. pag 28.” (top right), “G. Haupt Sc. a.v.” (bottom right). Regio Incognito rather than Incognita. Glen McLaughlin with Nancy H. Mayo.
- The Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Glen McLaughlin Map Collection of California as an Island courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact the David Rumsey Map Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights (Public Domain Mark 1.0).