Freight Analysis Framework Network: United States, 2010
- United States. Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Strocko, Ed, and Battelle Memorial Institute
- This polyline shapefile depicts the spatial component of the FAF network derived from National Highway System Version 2009.11 and contains state primary and secondary roads, National Highway System (NHS), National Network (NN) and several intermodal connectors as appropriate for the freight network modeling. The network consists of over 447,808 miles of equivalent road mileage. The data set covers the 48 contiguous States plus the District of Columbia, Alaska and Hawaii. The nominal scale of the data set is 1:100,000 with a maximal positional error of ±80 meters. This layer is part of the 2014 National Transportation Atlas Database.The National Transportation Atlas Databases 2014 (NTAD2014) is a set of nationwide geographic datasets of transportation facilities, transportation networks, associated infrastructure and other political and administrative entities. These datasets include spatial information for transportation modal networks and intermodal terminals, as well as the re¬lated attribute information for these features. This data supports research, analysis, and decision-making across all transportation modes. It is most useful at the national level, but has major applications at regional, state and local scales throughout the transportation community. The data used to compile NTAD2014 was provided by our partners within the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and by other agencies throughout the United States Federal Government. These contributors are the actual data stewards and are ultimately responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of their data. The Freight Analysis Framework (FAF) integrates data from a variety of sources to create a comprehensive picture of freight movement among states and major metropolitan areas by all modes of transportation. The FAF region boundaries are a geographic database of state and metropolitan boundaries. The database includes boundaries for all 123 regions, including Washington D.C.
- United States. Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- United States and Washington (D.C.)
- Freight and freightage, Roads, National Highway System, Transportation corridors, and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|