Urban Lands: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2008
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This polygon shapefile depicts urban areas in the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. This data comes directly from the California Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program. The Bay Area counties are merged into a Bay Area dataset. The Urban category was extracted for each county to create this dataset. Urban and Built Up Land (D) Urban is an important layer in the development of the CLN. These areas became part of the "Converted" lands and were extracted out of the final CLN. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. Bay Area Open Space Council, GreenInfo Network, Conservation Lands Network, and San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project. (2011). Urban Lands: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2008. Bay Area Open Space Council. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/np970xw2451. California Department of Conservation Farmland Mapping and Monitoring Program data: http://www.consrv.ca.gov/DLRP/fmmp/Pages/index.aspx This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- The Conservation Lands Network regional biodiversity GIS database
- California, San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Ecological zones, Metropolitan areas, Cities and towns, Land use, Urban, Environment, Boundaries, and Society
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|