Tōbu nyūginia fon hantō oyobi madan chiku heiyō chishi shiryōzu
- Japan Rikuchi Sokuryōbu, Japan 陸地測量部, Japan Rikuchi Sokuryōbu, and Japan 陸地測量部
- 參謀本部調整. Topographic map of the Markham River Valley and the region surrounding it in Papua New Guinea. The Japanese had modified the original Australian map by enlarging it and using only four colours. Spot heights given in Japanese miles. Caption title. Map no.5: "Netherlands East Indies Grid, Southern New Guinea Zone." at the upper left margin. Map no.5: "Refer to this map as 4 Mile Strategical series N.G., Markham, first edition." at the upper right margin. Map no.5 is based on an Australian map, made at LHQ, in 6 colours, scale was different. Map no.8: Honzuwa "Jon Majiel" no chōseiniyoru ōshūchizu wo fukusha serumononari. Military maps issued as strictly confidencial documents. "Gokuhi" printed on upper right margin. Includes the original Index to Adjoining Sheets. Original map overwritten in red with military strategy information. Original map no. 23 is called strategy map no. 5, and no. 18 is called no.8. Japanese military mapping of east New Guinea Island. "極祕" printed on upper right margin. Map no.8: 本圖ハ「ジョン.マジエル」ノ調整ニ據ル押収地圖ヲ複寫セルモノナリ.
- Papua New Guinea, Markham River Valley Region, Markham River Valley (Papua New Guinea), and Ramu River Valley (Papua New Guinea)
- World War, 1939-1945 and Naval operations, Japanese
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Map Collections courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights (Public Domain Mark 1.0).