Livestock Density in Kenya's Rangelands, 1994 to 1996
- International Livestock Research Institute
- This polygon shapefile portrays livestock density in Kenya's rangelands for 1994-96. Most of Kenya’s rangelands contain livestock. Higher livestock numbers can be found in the wetter part of the rangelands and closer to permanent water sources. Livestock densities in large parts of the northeastern rangelands reﬂect pastoral production systems where herders move livestock periodically to follow the seasonal supply of water and feed. In a number of locations in Narok, Kajiado, and Laikipia Districts, high wildlife and livestock densities coincide.This data was used in Map 1.5 and Map 4.7 in Nature's Benefits in Kenya: An Atlas of Ecosystems and Human Well-Being.
- World Resources Institute
- Livestock and Farming
- 1994 and 1996
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|