Ancient Africa or Libya, Part I (western section) (Raster Image)
- Stanford Geospatial Center and J. & C. Walker (Firm)
- This layer is a georeferenced raster image of an historic regional map of Nothern Africa from 1840. The original map was engraved by J. & C. Walker and published by Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge. All map collar and inset information is also available as part of the raster image, including any inset maps, profiles, statistical tables, directories, text, illustrations, or other information associated with the principal map. This map was scanned and georeferenced by the Stanford University Geospatial Center using a Transverse Mercator projection. This map is part of a selection of digitally scanned and georeferenced historic maps of Africa held at Stanford University Libraries.This historic paper map provides an historical perspective of the cultural and physical landscape during this time period. The wide range of information provided on these maps make them useful in the study of historic geography. As this map has been georeferenced, it also can be used as a background layer in conjunction with other GIS data.
- Stanford Digital Repository
- Libya, Africa, Africa, North, and Northern Africa
- Bodies of water, Landforms, Historical geography, and Imagery and Base Maps
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This work is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights.
- Public Domain Mark 1.0
|Click on map to inspect values|