State Assembly Districts: Santa Cruz County, California, 2012
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This polygon shapefile depicts the boundaries for State Assembly Districts 29 and 30 for the County of Santa Cruz, California. Portions of Districts 27 and 28 also reside in Santa Cruz County.The California State Assembly is the lower house of the California State Legislature. Assembly District boundaries are redrawn every ten years based on data from the United States Census. Current Assembly District boundaries were drawn in 2011 by the California Citizens Redistricting Commission and took effect with the 2012 election. Due to the state's large population and relatively small legislature, the Assembly has the largest population per representative ration. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2012). State Assembly Districts: Santa Cruz County, California, 2012. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/qb819hc9621. GIS Layer Number = 27/ Boundaries were first converted from 1"=1 mile Elections Department's Assembly District maps to AutoCAD drawing files. These were plotted and reviewed by the County's Elections Department staff. These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Administrative and political divisions, Election districts, California. Legislature. Assembly, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values