Outfall Pipes and Diffusers: Southern California, 2003
- This polygon shapefile displays the extent of power plant outfall pipelines and diffusers in Southern California coastal waters derived from a variety of sources including; Clean Water Act Section 316 (b) reports, monitoring reports from the sanitation districts, facility maps or construction plans from the sanitation districts, existing shapefiles from the Southern California Coastal Water Resources Project, and a few were created by using a best guess estimate by connecting the offshore outfall point to the land-based facility. All offshore outfall points came from National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits via the California State Water Resources Control Board in 2004.This coverage displays the extent of power plant outfall pipelines and diffusers along the Southern California Bight, the curved coastline of Southern California between Point Conception and San Diego.
- California. Department of Fish and Game. Marine Resources Region
- California and Pacific Ocean
- Coasts, Electric power-plants, Marine resources conservation, Marine biodiversity conservation, Boundaries, Environment, Oceans, and Utilities and Communication
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|