U.S. Marine Protected Area Boundaries: MPA Inventory, 2010
- United States. Office of Ocean and Coastal Resource Management, National Marine Protected Areas Center (U.S.), United States. Department of Commerce, and United States. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- This polygon shapefile represents the Marine Protected Areas inventory as of March 2010. The MPA Inventory is a comprehensive geospatial database that provides detailed information for existing marine protected areas in the United States. The inventory provides geospatial boundary information (in polygon format) and classification attributes that seek to define the conservation objectives, protection level, governance and related management criteria for all sites in the database. The comprehensive inventory of federal, state and territorial MPA sites provides governments and stakeholders with access to information to make better decisions about the current and future use of place-based conservation. The information also will be used to inform the development of the national system of marine protected areas as required by Executive Order 13158.The inventory represents a collection of data compiled from various federal, state, tribal and territorial entities to provide a publicly available source of comprehensive information on place-based marine conservation efforts under U.S. federal, state, territorial, local, and tribal jurisdiction.
- National Marine Protected Areas Center (U.S.)
- United States and North America
- Marine habitat conservation, Marine biodiversity conservation, Marine resources conservation, Marine parks and reserves, Location, Oceans, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|