Contours (10m): Offshore of Half Moon Bay, California, 2007
- Seafloor Mapping Lab, Fugro Pelagos, Inc., Pacific Coastal and Marine Science Center, and Golden, Nadine E.
- This line shapefile contains bathymetric contours at 10-meter intervals for the offshore area of Half Moon Bay, California.In 2007, the California Ocean Protection Council initiated the California Seafloor Mapping Program (CSMP) to create a comprehensive seafloor map of high-resolution bathymetry, marine benthic habitats and geology within the 3-nautical-mile limit of California's State Waters. CSMP has divided coastal California into 110 map blocks, each to be published individually as United States Geological Survey Open-File Reports (OFRs) or Scientific Investigations Maps (SIMs) at a scale of 1:24,000. Maps display seafloor morphology and character, identify potential marine benthic habitats and illustrate both the seafloor geology and shallow (to about 100 m) subsurface geology. Data layers for bathymetry, bathymetric contours, acoustic backscatter, seafloor character, potential benthic habitat and offshore geology were created for each map block, as well as regional-scale data layers for sediment thickness, depth to transition, transgressive contours, isopachs, predicted distributions of benthic macro-invertebrates and visual observations of benthic habitat from video cruises over the entire state. These data are intended for science researchers, students, policy makers, and the general public. This information is not intended for navigational purposes.The data can be used with geographic information systems (GIS) software to display geologic and oceanographic information. The map that show these data are published in Open-File Report 2014–1214, "California State Waters Map Series--Offshore of Half Moon Bay, California." This layer is part of USGS Data Series 781.
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- California, San Mateo County (Calif.), and Pacific Ocean
- Coasts, Contours (Cartography), Ocean bottom, Oceans, Geoscientific Information, and Elevation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|