World Minor Island Label Points, 1:10 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This point shapefile depicts point labels that identify locations of minor islands worldwide that are 2 sq. km. or less in size. Additional small ocean islands are ranked to two levels of relative importance. These data were derived from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s World Vector Shoreline at 1:250,000 scale. Minor islands contain more relative detail than do the islands included with the main 10m ocean coastline data. Ocean bathymetry and ocean polygon are not punched out for minor islands. These data are represented at 1:10,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Earth (Planet)
- Islands and Location
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|