Map Of The United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and the West India Islands With a Portion of Venezuela & New Granada; Showing the routes overland and by the Isthmus to California and Oregon, Also the new Boundaries of California, Utah, & New Mexico, Compiled from the latest Authorities. Engraved & Published By J.M. Atwood, No. 19 Beekman Street, New York. 1851. D. McLellan, Printr. Spruce St ... Entered ... 1851, by J.M. Atwood ... New York. (Raster Image)
- Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis
- This layer is a georeferenced raster image of a map of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, and the West India Islands, with portions of Venezuela and Granada. The original map was created and published by J.M. Atwood in 1851. The map shows the Gold Regions of California as well as routes over land and by Isthmus to California and Oregon. All map collar and inset information is also available as part of the raster image, including any inset maps, profiles, statistical tables, directories, text, illustrations, or other information associated with the principal map. A scanned veriosn of this map was georeferenced by the Center for Spatial and Textual Analysis (CESTA) at Stanford University. This map is part of a selection of georeferenced historic maps from the David Rumsey Map Collection at Stanford University.This layer provides an historical perspective of the cultural and physical landscape during this time period. The wide range of information provided on these maps make them useful in the study of historic geography. As this map has been georeferenced, it also can be used as a background layer in conjunction with other GIS data.
- Stanford Digital Repository
- United States, Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Grenada, and West Indies
- Historical geography, Overland trails, Cities and towns, Gold mines and mining, and Imagery and Base Maps
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This work is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights.
- Public Domain Mark 1.0
|Click on map to inspect values|