Dry Nitrogen Deposition: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2007
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, GreenInfo Network (Firm), and University of California, Riverside. College of Engineering. Center for Environmental Research and Technology
- This raster dataset depicts dry nitrogen deposition for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. Dry nitrogen deposition is the input of reactive nitrogen from the atmosphere into the biosphere as dry deposition, or acidic gases and particles. An overabundance of nitrogen in the atmosphere and environment has deleterious effects on the biosphere. The source data was produced by the Center for Conservation Biology at the University of California, Riverside (UCR) and is based on a nitrogen deposition model data developed by the UCR College of Engineering Center for Environmental Research and Technology (CE-CERT). Text values from the dry nitrogen deposition model were processed to provide the values stored in this raster. The model used here is total annual deposition and based on data from calendar year 2002. These data are considered useful in studying the effect of nitrogen deposition on aspects of complex biological systems. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay (Calif.), San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Nitrogen, Greenhouse gases, Pollution, Air quality management, Climate, Environment, Climatology, Meteorology and Atmosphere, and Imagery and Base Maps
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|