Major Discharges into Near Coastal Marine Waters: Southern California, 2003
- This polygon shapefile depicts major discharges into Southern California's near-coastal marine waters, but does not include discharges into enclosed bays and estuaries. The category 'Major' used to describe this feature was derived from the Marine Life Protection Act South Coast Study Region (SCSR) Scientific Advisory Team (SAT) conclusion. Some facilities were excluded and kept their minor ratings, including small marine labs, aquaculture facilities and a desalination plant in the region.This coverage displays areas of and information about major ocean wastewater discharges along the Southern California Bight, the curved coastline of Southern California between Point Conception and San Diego.
- California. Department of Fish and Game. Marine Resources Region
- California and Pacific Ocean
- Sewage, Drainage, Marine pollution, Watersheds, Coasts, Boundaries, Environment, Oceans, and Utilities and Communication
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|