Port Districts: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This polygon shapefile contains port districts 1 and 2 in the County of Santa Cruz, California. The port districts qualify as special districts and are governed by an elected, 5 person Board of Commissioners. The specific powers of the Board of Commissioners are to acquire, construct, maintain, operate, develop and regulate all facilities incidental to or necessary for the operation and development of a port, ports or waterways. This includes but is not limited to wharves, docks, belt railroads, warehouses, etc. (from pg 71 A Guide to Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) Procedures - San Diego LAFCO 1995). In addition, the Board of Commissioners may provide for and supervise pilots and pilotage of vessels, provide streets leading to the waterfront, establish a plan and system of harbors and do all necessary acts to carry out its purpose. LAFCO was created in 1963 to encourage orderly formation of local government agencies, preserve agricultural land resources and discourage urban sprawl. LAFCos are responsible for coordinating logical and timely changes in local governmental boundaries, conducting special studies that review ways to reorganize, simplify, and streamline governmental structure and preparing a sphere of influence for each city and special district within each county. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California.The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Port districts, Harbors, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|