Biotic Reports: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This point shapefile depicts locations of biotic reports submitted with land use applications in the County of Santa Cruz, California. A biotic report is a complete biotic investigation conducted by an approved biologist from a list maintained by Santa Cruz County, including but not limited to the following: 1) Identification of the rare, endangered, threatened and unique species on the site; 2) Identification of the essential habitats of such species; and 3) Recommendations to protect species and sensitive habitats. When a project is found to have a significant effect on the environment under the provisions of Section 602 of the environmental impact guidelines, the biotic report shall be made a part of the environmental impact report. (Santa Cruz County Sensitive Habitat Protection Code Section 16.32.040). This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). Biotic Reports: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/rk087sm8386. Santa Cruz County Sensitive Habitat Protection Code: http://www.codepublishing.com/ca/santacruzcounty/mobile/index.pl?pg=SantaCruzCounty16/SantaCruzCounty1632.html These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Ecosystem management, Habitat conservation, Land use surveys, Biology and Ecology, Location, and Planning and Cadastral
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|