Soil Reports: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This point shapefile depicts locations of soil reports submitted with land use applications for the County of Santa Cruz, California. Soils (geotechnical) Reports must be prepared by a licensed geotechnical engineer or registered civil engineer experienced in soils engineering. Only reports prepared by a properly licensed professional will be accepted for review by the County. Reports are typically not required for non-habitable structures. The County Geologist or a Registered Civil Engineer on the Planning Department staff will make the final determination regarding Soils Reports for Land Use applications. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). Soil Reports: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/rq068ym1492. These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Soil surveys, Land use surveys, Geoscientific Information, and Location
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|