Vasserot 'Quartiers' (Neighbourhoods) (1790-1860)
- Bethe, Anne-Laure
- This polygon shapefile contains the neighbourhood (quartier) boundaries as depicted in Philibert Vasserot's 19th century atlas of Paris. Prior to 1860, there were 4 quartiers, or neighbourhoods, for each of Paris' 12 arrondissements. These delineations were established by the revolutionary government in 1790 and were reordered in 1860.The ALPAGE programme aims to provide collaborative tools for the Humanities and Social Sciences and for Information Communication Technology (ICT) allowing for the development of research about the Parisian urban area. This aim is achieved by means of a GIS that includes cadastral and historical layers.
- Analyse Diachronique de l'espace Urbain Parisien: Approche Geomatique
- Paris (France)
- Geographical grid systems, Neighborhoods, Planning and Cadastral, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This data is a direct result of the work of the researchers from the ALPAGE consortium who released this data under an Open Data Commons Open Database Licence (ODbL). Therefore, use of this data by others must respect the legal requirements specific to this licence. All freely downloadable data contains the shapefiles, metadata file and licence files describing the users rights and responsibilities. All data produced within the consortium is published in this way with the exception of any ongoing work which is in process of academic evaluation (masters, doctoral thesis, habilitation to supervise research).
- Copyright resides with the originator.
- Open Data Commons Open Database License 1.0
|Click on map to inspect values|