Sediment Type, Atlantic Coast, United States, 2005
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- This point shapefile contains the coverage of known sediment samplings, inspections and probings from the usSEABED data collection and integrated using the software system dbSEABED. This data layer represents the extracted (EXT) output of the dbSEABED mining software. It contains data items which were simply extracted from the data resources through data mining. The EXT data is usually based on instrumental analyses (probe or laboratory) but may apply to just a subsample of the sediment (eg. no large shells).To support coastal planning and other activities pursuant to the Coastal Zone Management Act, Energy Policy Act, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Rivers and Harbors Act and the Submerged Lands Act.
- United States. National Ocean Service
- Atlantic Coast (U.S.) and Atlantic Ocean
- Marine sediments, Geoscientific Information, and Oceans
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|