100-Meter Resolution Natural Earth of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- This lsyer is a georeferenced raster image containing a natural-earth image of Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The image is land cover in natural colors combined with shaded relief, which produces a naturalistic rendition of the Earth's surface. These data are in an Albers Equal-Area Conic projection. The Natural Earth data were produced from existing National Atlas land cover, tree canopy, elevation, and satellite view data. This layer is part of the 1997-2014 edition National Atlas of the United States.The 100-meter resolution Natural Earth data were developed to portray the terrain and land cover of the United States at 1:1,000,000 scale. They are intended primarily for visual purposes. The original NLCD data or Landsat Thematic Mapper imagery data should be used for conducting scientific analysis, and the original NED data should be used for determining the most accurate elevation values. No responsibility is assumed by the National Atlas of the United States in the use of these data.
- National Atlas of the United States
- Puerto Rico and United States Virgin Islands
- Digital elevation models, Land cover, Imagery and Base Maps, and Elevation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|