Board of Supervisors Districts: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Supervisorial Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 for the County of Santa Cruz, California. The Board of Supervisors is a governing body that oversees the operation of County government in California, administering and refining local application of state law and public policy. Assembly District boundaries are redrawn every ten years based on data from the United States Census. Supervisorialdistrict boundaries are adjusted after every Federal census to equalize District population as closely as possible. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California. The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. (2015). Board of Supervisors Districts: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015. Santa Cruz County, California. Available at http://purl.stanford.edu/td927bk7681. GIS Layer Number = 09/ Boundaries were first converted from 1"=2000' Elections Department precinct maps to AutoCAD drawing files. These were plotted and reviewed by County Elections Staff. Boundaries were revised as part of the 2000 Census Redistricting project. These data were compiled from many different sources; therefore, the accuracy of the individual layers varies significantly, and some layers do not align exactly with others. In the urban areas, data are generally accurate within five to ten feet of their true geographic coordinates, but in the rural areas, data may be accurate to only within three hundred feet. With these limitations, the County of Santa Cruz disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy or correctness of this data. This disclaimer is exclusive and in lieu of any warranties, fitness for particular purpose, and/or any other type of warranty, whether expressed or implied. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Administrative and political divisions, Election districts, Santa Cruz County (Calif.). Board of Supervisors, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|