University of Maine's Deepwater Offshore Floating Wind Turbine Testing and Demonstration Project
- Applied Science Associates
- The University of Maine (UMaine) deployed a temporary test turbine in Castine Harbor, ME approximately 0.25 km from shore in the spring of 2013. This is the first grid connected offshore wind turbine in North America. The dataset’s coordinate location was identified from a U.S. Department of Energy proposal report and represents the approximate location of the turbine.To represent the location of renewable energy projects in the northeastern U.S. in support of coastal and ocean use planning.
- Northeast Regional Ocean Council
- Maine, Penobscot Bay (Me.), and Atlantic Ocean
- Wind turbines, Oceans, and Environment
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|