Geologic Mapping Symbology, Freshwater Creek Watershed, California, 1999
- California Geological Survey and California. Division of Mines and Geology
- This line shapefile contains geologic mapping symbology such as landslide scarps and direction of movement arrows, used for mapping watersheds in Freshwater Creek, located in Humboldt County, California. These data are represented at 1:24,000 scale. To create these data, geomorphic features were mapped on stereo pair photographs and transferred to 7.5 minute quadrangle mylar overlays. These overlays were scanned and converted to vector coverages. This map contains a digital representation of the map Geologic and Geomorphic Features Related to Landsliding, OFR 99-10, and the map of Relative Landslide Potential, OFR 99-10a. The map of Landslide Potential With Geologic and Geomorphic Features is a digital representation of the map of Geologic and Geomorphic Features Related to Landsliding, OFR 99-10, combined with the map of Relative Landslide Potential, OFR 99-10a. This map set was created using an ArcInfo GIS database by compiling information from OFR 99-10 and OFR 99-10a. The data for the original mapping (OFR 99-10 and 99-10a) was compiled from multiple sources including published maps and reports, aerial photograph mapping, and reconnaissance geologic mapping.The maps/data are useful in preparation of Timber Harvesting Plans, and for use by land managers for identifying areas of potentially unstable ground. The maps/data serve as a guide to potential problem areas where more site-specific review is required.
- California Geological Survey
- California, Northern, Humboldt County (Calif.), and Freshwater Creek (Calif.)
- Faults (Geology), Landslides, Watersheds, Landslide hazard analysis, Inland Waters, and Geoscientific Information
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|