Airports, South Africa, 2016
- International Steering Committee for Global Mapping and South Africa. National Geo-spatial Information
- This point shapefile represents airports in South Africa. The bulk of the data, for this layer, was captured from the South African Provincial Map Series (2nd edition 2001), i.e. LIMPOPO 1:700 000, NOTHERN CAPE 1:1 200 000,KWAZULU - NATAL 1:700 000, WESTERN CAPE 1:800 000, EASTERN CAPE 1:800 000, MPUMALANGA 1:600 000, NORTH WEST 1:700 000, FREE STATE 1:700 000,GAUTENG 1:300 000 Global Map data were developed under the cooperation of National Geospatial Information Authorities (NGIAs) of respective countries and regions. Global Map of the Republic of South Africa © ISCGM/State Copyright, Department of Rural Development and Land Reform, Chief Directorate of National Geo-spatial Information, Website: http://www.ngi.gov.za Global Map data of National/Regional version were developed with consistent specifications by NGIAs of respective countries and regions for fundamental geospatial information of their respective coverage by using geospatial information owned by them, and they were provided. The data have been authorized by NGIAs of respective countries and regions. Therefore, the contents of respective data are based on the views of respective data developers. For some countries and regions, there may be parts where data have not been developed. National/Regional version of Global Map data was to be updated in about five-year cycle on the basis of resolutions of an ISCGM meeting. To know about the year data were updated and about data developers, please refer to metadata attached to each data. Depending on the period the data were prepared, they were developed in line with two different specifications, namely, version 1 in VPF and BIL formats, and version 2 in GML and BIL formats. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- International Steering Committee for Global Mapping
- Global Map
- South Africa
- Airports and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This dataset is freely available for academic use and other non-commercial use. Redistribution, or commercial use is not allowed without prior permission. You are free to create maps and use the data in other ways for publication in academic journals, books, reports, etc.
|Click on map to inspect values|