World Airports, 1:50 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This point shapefile depicts airports worldwide, including terminal, parking, ramp and runway locations ordered best to worst. Locations could be up to 20 miles away from the actual airport location. More often it’s within a mile of the actual location. Accuracy is low due to geocoding based on town name, use of DD.DD° or DD.DDDD° format instead of DD.DDDDDD°for latitude and longitude values. Data is derived from the Mile High Club data on GitHub. These data are represented at 1:50,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Earth (Planet)
- Airports, Transportation, and Location
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|