World Land-Based Polygon Features, 1:50 million (2012)
- Patterson, Tom and Kelso, Nathaniel Vaughn
- This polygon shapefile depicts polygon labels of major physical features worldwide, including deserts, mountain ranges, plateaus, island groupings and continents. The boundaries of land-based regions are roughly accurate to 50m scale, although the number of features included is to the 10m scale. Data was derived primarily from the Florida Resources and Environmental Analysis Center's Physical Map of the World. Do not edit this theme. Instead, edit the 10m version and select based on "Scale Rank" <= 5 and export to make this 50m theme. These data are represented at 1:50,000,000 scale. This layer is part of the Natural Earth Collection (v.2.0.0).Natural Earth is a public domain map dataset available at 1:10, 1:50 and 1:110 million scales. Featuring tightly integrated vector and raster data, with Natural Earth you can make a variety of visually pleasing, well-crafted maps with cartography or GIS software.
- North American Cartographic Information Society
- Earth (Planet)
- Continents, Islands, Deserts, Mountains, Plateaus, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|