Coastal Zone Appeal Jurisdictions: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Coastal Zone Appeal Jurisdiction for the County of Humboldt, California. This coverage represents the California Coastal Commission Coastal Zone Post-Local Coastal Plan Certification and Permit and Appeal Jurisdiction. An Appeal Jursidiction include lands where the California Coastal Commission has delegated original permit jurisdiction to the local government for areas subject to the public trust but which are determined by the California Coastal Commission to be filled, developed and committed to urban use (California Public Resources Code Section 30613). According to the California Coastal Act (current as of 2014), "Coastal Zone" is defined as that land and water area of the State of California from the Oregon border to the border of the Republic of Mexico, specified on the maps identified and set forth in Section 17 of that chapter of the Statutes of the 1975-76 Regular Session enacting this division, extending seaward to the state's outer limit of jurisdiction, including all offshore islands, and extending inland generally 1,000 yards from the mean high tide line of the sea. The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County (Calif.) and Pacific Ocean
- Coasts, Coastal mapping, Hydrography, Land Use, Building permits, Construction projects, Boundaries, Oceans, and Planning and Cadastral
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|