USGS Public Land Survey Sections: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polyline shapefile depicts United States Geological Survey (USGS) Public Land Survey Section Lines for the County of Humboldt, California. This coverage was derived from USGS 7.5 minute topographic quadrangle maps. The Public Land Survey System (PLSS) is a way of subdividing and describing land in the United States. All lands in the public domain are subject to subdivision by this rectangular system of surveys, which is regulated by the United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management (BLM).The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County (Calif.)
- Grids (Cartography), Imagery and Base Maps, and Location
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|