Outer Continental Shelf Lease Blocks, Northeast United States, 2007
- United States. Department of Commerce, United States. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and United States. National Ocean Service
- This polygon shapefile contains outer continental shelf (OCS) lease blocks in the northeast region. OCS blocks are used to define small geographic areas within an Official Protraction Diagram (OPD) for leasing and administrative purposes. These blocks have been clipped along the Submerged Lands Act (SLA) boundary and along the Continental Shelf Boundaries. Because GIS projection and topology functions can change or generalize coordinates, and because shapefiles can not represent true arcs, these GIS files are considered to be approximate and are NOT an OFFICIAL record for the exact block coordinates or areas. The Official Protraction Diagrams (OPDs) and Supplemental Official Block Diagrams (SOBDs) serve as the legal definition for BOEMRE offshore boundary coordinates and area descriptions.To support coastal planning and other activities pursuant to the Coastal Zone Management Act, Energy Policy Act, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Rivers and Harbors Act and the Submerged Lands Act.
- United States. National Ocean Service
- Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay), Cape Cod Bay (Mass.), Casco Bay (Me.), Connecticut, Maine, Maine, Gulf of, Massachusetts Bay (Mass.), Massachusetts, Nantucket Sound (Mass.), New Hampshire, New York (State), Penobscot Bay (Me.), Rhode Island Sound (Mass. and R.I.), Rhode Island, Long Island Sound (N.Y. and Conn.), and Vineyard Sound (Mass.)
- Offshore gas, Oil and gas leases, Oil wells, Boundaries, Environment, Oceans, Planning and Cadastral, and Utilities and Communication
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|