Miscellaneous Industrial Minerals Operations
- Geological Survey (U.S.) Minerals Information Team
- This point shapefile represents ferrous metal processing plants in the United States. The data represent commodities covered by the Minerals Information Team (MIT) of the U.S. Geological Survey, and the operations are those considered active in 2003 and surveyed by the MIT. This is a replacement for the November 1998 map layer. This layer is part of the 1997-2014 edition National Atlas of the United States.These data are intended for geographic display and analysis at the national level, and for large regional areas. The data should be displayed and analyzed at scales appropriate for 1:2,000,000-scale data. No responsibility is assumed by the U.S. Geological Survey or the National Atlas of the United States in the use of these data.
- National Atlas of the United States
- United States, Alaska, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York (State), North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington (D.C.), Washington (State), West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Mines and mineral resources, Cobalt, Nickel, Chromium, Tantalum, Rhenium, Minerals, Iron, Tungsten, Manganese, Niobium, Molybdenum, Silicon, Economy, and Geoscientific Information
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|