Damage Assessment in the town of Atzala, Municipality of Atzala, State of Puebla, Mexico
- United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme
- This map illustrates satellite-detected, potentially damaged structures in the town of Atzala, Atzala Municipality, Puebla State, Mexico. The analysed area is located approximately 7 km west of the mainshock epicentre of the 19 September M 7.1 earthquake. UNITAR-UNOSAT identified 91 potentially damaged structures of which 78 are within the town extent. Taking in account the total 559 pre-event structures in Atzala town, 14% of the structures are likely to be damaged. These analyses was performed using a post-event Pleiades satellite image acquired on 22 September 2017 and a pre-event WorldView-2 satellite image acquired on 11 April 2017. This is a preliminary analysis and has not yet been validated in the field. It is important to consider the characteristics of the source imagery used in the analyses when interpreting results. For damage assessments it should be noted that only significant damage to the structural integrity of the buildings analyzed can be seen in imagery, while minor damage such as cracks or holes may not be visible at all. For flood extractions using radar data it is important to note that urban areas and highly vegetated areas may mask the flood signature and result in underestimation of flood waters. Users with specific questions or concerns should contact email@example.com to seek clarification. United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme. (2017). Damage Assessment in the town of Atzala, Municipality of Atzala, State of Puebla, Mexico. United Nations Institute for Training and Research. Available at: http:purl.stanford.edu/wm689hv2602 This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research
- United Nations Operational Satellite Applications Programme - GIS Maps and Data
- Puebla (Mexico : State)
- Earthquake damage and Structure
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- Under the CC BY-SA license, you are free to share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and or adapt (remix, transform, and build upon the material) for any purpose, even commercially. The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms. The license terms are that you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use. If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original. Additionally, you may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 Unported license (CC BY-SA).
|Click on map to inspect values|