Community Planning Boundaries: Humboldt County, California, 2004
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts boundaries for Community Planning Areas in the County of Humboldt, California as of 2004. Community Planning Areas (AGCP) are governed by corresponding Community Plans and the related Humboldt County Framework Plan, both of which are long range statements of public policy for the use of public and private lands. A Community Plan contains specific policies and information applicable to the Community Planning Area. Together, the Framework Plan and the Community Plan comprise the Humboldt County General Plan. The Framework Plan covers countywide issues and the Community Plans deal with land use within the Community Planning Areas while remaining consistent with the policies of the Framework Plan. Community Plans cover a 20 year planning time frame. The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data. Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. (2004). Community Planning Boundaries: Humboldt County, California, 2004. Humboldt County Planning and Building Department. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/wt467vf1081. Humboldt County Community Plans: http://www.humboldtgov.org/205/Plans The County of Humboldt makes no guarantee of the quality or completeness of this data. It has not been fully reviewed for accuracy and is intended to be used for planning purposes only. The department assumes no liability or responsibility in the use of this data. While every effort has been made to assure the accuracy of this information, it should be understood that it does not have the force and effect of law, rule, or regulation. In the event of any difference or error, the law will take precedence. The accuracy of map data varies from location to location in the county. While the GIS is useful for planning purposes, it should not be relied upon to determine property, zoning or general plan designation boundaries or be used in any way for project design. All GIS data should be verified before it is materially relied upon for property or project planning. In urban areas the GIS map data maybe inaccurate by as much as 50 feet in any direction. In rural areas the map data may be inaccurate by as much as 400 feet in any direction. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County, California GIS Maps & Data
- Humboldt County (Calif.)
- Community development, Zoning, Land use--Planning, Boundaries, and Planning and Cadastral
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|