Railway Lines: United States, 2014
- United States. Bureau of Transportation Statistics and Hunt, Raquel
- The Rail Network is a comprehensive database of the United States railway system at 1:24,000 to 1:100,000 scale. This polyline shapefile covers all 50 States plus the District of Columbia. This layer is part of the 2014 National Transportation Atlas Database.The National Transportation Atlas Databases 2014 (NTAD2014) is a set of nationwide geographic datasets of transportation facilities, transportation networks, associated infrastructure and other political and administrative entities. These datasets include spatial information for transportation modal networks and intermodal terminals, as well as the re¬lated attribute information for these features. This data supports research, analysis, and decision-making across all transportation modes. It is most useful at the national level, but has major applications at regional, state and local scales throughout the transportation community. The data used to compile NTAD2014 was provided by our partners within the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and by other agencies throughout the United States Federal Government. These contributors are the actual data stewards and are ultimately responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of their data. This data is used for national and network analysis applications. This rail line dataset is a topological network that provides location and attributes information for use in network analysis applications.
- United States. Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- United States and Washington (D.C.)
- Railroads, Passenger trains, and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|