FEMA Flood Zones: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2001
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This polygon shapefile depicts Q3 Flood Data features of FEMA's Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) product for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. Digital Q3 Flood Data has been developed by scanning the existing FIRM hardcopy and vectorizing a thematic overlay of flood risks. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) produced two flood map products using Geographic Information System (GIS) technology in support of the National Flood Insurance Program: 1) Q3 Flood Data; and 2) Digital Flood Insurance Rate Maps (DFIRMs). As part of Flood Map Modernization, FEMA will now only update or produce DFIRMs. The digital Q3 Flood Data product was designed to: 1) Serve the needs of FEMA's Response and Recovery activities after flood disaster; 2) Promote flood insurance policy marketing initiatives; and 3) Assist in floodplain management activities at the local level. The vector Q3 Flood Data files contain only certain features from the existing FIRM hardcopy. The State of California and the Resources Agency make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy of data or maps. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay (Calif.), San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Hydrography, Floods, Floodplain management, Ecological risk assessment, Boundaries, Environment, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|