Landslide Activity, Freshwater Creek Watershed, California, 1942-1999
- California Geological Survey and California. Division of Mines and Geology
- This point shapefile depicts landslide activity within the Freshwater Creek watershed in Humboldt County, California between 1942 and 1999 at 1:24,000 scale. These data were derived from digital maps of landslide potential and geologic features in Humboldt County originally published in 1999 by the California Division of Mines and Geology (OFR 99-10 and OFR 99-10a). The data for the original mapping were compiled from multiple sources including published maps and reports, aerial photograph mapping, and reconnaissance geologic mapping.The maps/data are useful in preparation of Timber Harvesting Plans, and for use by land managers for identifying areas of potentially unstable ground. The maps/data serve as a guide to potential problem areas where more site-specific review is required.
- California Geological Survey
- California, Northern, Humboldt County (Calif.), and Freshwater Creek (Calif.)
- Faults (Geology), Landslides, Watersheds, Landslide hazard analysis, Inland Waters, and Geoscientific Information
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|