Super Planning Watersheds: San Francisco Bay Area, California, 2009
- Bay Area Open Space Council, Conservation Lands Network, San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, and GreenInfo Network (Firm)
- This polygon shapefile depicts a dissolve that was run on the super planning watersheds for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California. Super planning watersheds are those ranging in size from 78-194 square miles or 50,000-124,999 acres (Myers & Peltz-Lewis, 2004). Watersheds are useful for many aspects of the Project, including development of watershed integrity analysis. This data was derived from the California Watershed Map (CalWater version 2.2), a set of standardized watershed boundaries meeting standardized delineation criteria. The hierarchy of watershed designations consists of six levels of increasing specificity: Hydrologic Region (HR), Hydrologic Unit (HU), Hydrologic Area (HA), Hydrologic Sub Area (HSA), Super Planning Watershed (SPWS), and Planning Watershed (PWS). The primary purpose of CalWater is the assignment of a single, unique code to a specific watershed polygon. These data were critical for the Fish and Riparian Focus Team portion of the Project. This dataset was developed/compiled for use in the San Francisco Bay Area Upland Habitat Goals Project, a Project used to identify a Conservation Lands Network (CLN) for biodiversity preservation to inform conservation investments and lasting cooperative conservation partnerships. The Conservation Lands Network GIS Database is the primary output of the Project. The data depicts the spatially explicit CLN that is recommended for the nine county San Francisco Bay Area Region, California.
- Bay Area Open Space Council
- San Francisco Bay (Calif.), San Francisco Bay Area (Calif.), Alameda County (Calif.), Contra Costa County (Calif.), Marin County (Calif.), Napa County (Calif.), San Francisco County (Calif.), San Mateo County (Calif.), Santa Clara County (Calif.), Solano County (Calif.), and Sonoma County (Calif.)
- Hydrography, Hydrological surveys, Watersheds, Environment, Planning and Cadastral, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|