Built Up Areas, Romania, 2013
- International Steering Committee for Global Mapping and Serbia. National Agency for Cadastre and Land Registration
- This point shapefile represents built up areas (areas containing a concentration of buildings and other structures) in Romania. The Global Map Romania- Boundaries and Drainage layer was developed national dataset from scale 1:500000 - dwg format. Updating of data of this version using generalized data from 1:5000 scale. The Global Map Romania- Drainage layer was developed national dataset from scale 1:500000 - dwg format. In this version was updated almost of inland water and water courses. The Global Map Romania- Population Centre layer was developed national dataset from scale 1:5000000 - dwg format. In this version, in Built-up Area (point) are included all the main village of the local administrative units and almost of this are connected through road. The Global Map Romania- Transportation layer was developed national dataset from scale 1:50000 - dwg format. Updating of data for this version using data from 1:5000 scale. Global Map data were developed under the cooperation of National Geospatial Information Authorities (NGIAs) of respective countries and regions. Global Map of Romania. Copyright ISCGM/ NACLR Global Map data of National/Regional version were developed with consistent specifications by NGIAs of respective countries and regions for fundamental geospatial information of their respective coverage by using geospatial information owned by them, and they were provided. The data have been authorized by NGIAs of respective countries and regions. Therefore, the contents of respective data are based on the views of respective data developers. For some countries and regions, there may be parts where data have not been developed. National/Regional version of Global Map data was to be updated in about five-year cycle on the basis of resolutions of an ISCGM meeting. To know about the year data were updated and about data developers, please refer to metadata attached to each data. Depending on the period the data were prepared, they were developed in line with two different specifications, namely, version 1 in VPF and BIL formats, and version 2 in GML and BIL formats. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- International Steering Committee for Global Mapping
- Global Map
- Buildings and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This dataset is freely available for academic use and other non-commercial use. Redistribution, or commercial use is not allowed without prior permission. You are free to create maps and use the data in other ways for publication in academic journals, books, reports, etc.
|Click on map to inspect values|