Land-Based Border Crossings: Canada, Mexico and United States, 2011
- United States. Bureau of Transportation Statistics, Beningo, Steve, United States. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection, and Liu, Zhi
- This point shapefile depicts points of entry for land modes along the United States - Canada border and the United States - Mexico border. The ports of entry are located in fifteen states along the United States borders. The nominal scale of the data set is 1:1,000,000 with a maximal positional error of +/- 10 meters. This data is created and maintained by United States Customs and Border Protection and was spatially enhanced by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. This layer is part of the 2014 National Transportation Atlas Database.The National Transportation Atlas Databases 2014 (NTAD2014) is a set of nationwide geographic datasets of transportation facilities, transportation networks, associated infrastructure, and other political and administrative entities. These datasets include spatial information for transportation modal networks and intermodal terminals, as well as the re¬lated attribute information for these features. This data supports research, analysis, and decision-making across all transportation modes. It is most useful at the national level, but has major applications at regional, state and local scales throughout the transportation community. The data used to compile NTAD2014 was provided by our partners within the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT) and by other agencies throughout the United States Federal Government. These contributors are the actual data stewards and are ultimately responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of their data. This dataset ws published o display ports of entry and associated data within an online mapping application.
- United States. Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- United States, Canada, Mexico, and North America
- Border stations, Border crossing, Ports of entry, Location, and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|