Boat Launches, Northeast United States, 2014
- Applied Science Associates
- This point shapefile represents boat launching ramps in the northeastern United States. Boat launches are state, municipal, local, or privately owned sites that provide boating access to coastal waters, lakes, ponds, and rivers. Sites may be ramps suitable for trailered or carried-in boats, or landing facilities. Locations only suitable for shoreline fishing access and not boat put-in were not included in this dataset. This dataset is comprised of individual datasets provided by various sources in the northeastern U.S. Boat launch specific data was extracted from the source data, duplicate records were removed based on point location accuracy and data acquisition date, and datasets were merged into a single regional product. Points outside a 10km coastal buffer were eliminated. Based on source data, this product may not indicate private or public access for a given launch site and users are advised to determine accessibility prior to using a site.To support coastal and ocean planning and other activities pursuant to the Coastal Zone Management Act, Energy Policy Act, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Rivers and Harbors Act and the Submerged Lands Act.
- Northeast Ocean Data
- Block Island Sound (R.I.), Rhode Island Sound (Mass. and R.I.), Rhode Island, Blue Hill Bay (Me.), Boston Harbor (Mass.), Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay), Maine, Cape Cod Bay (Mass.), Casco Bay (Me.), Cobscook Bay (Me.), Connecticut, Frenchman Bay (Me.), Maine, Gulf of, Ipswich Bay (Mass.), Long Island Sound (N.Y. and Conn.), Saco Bay (Me.), Vineyard Sound (Mass.), Machias Bay (Me.), Massachusetts Bay (Mass.), Massachusetts, Nantucket Sound (Mass.), Narragansett Bay (R.I.), New Hampshire, New York (State), and Penobscot Bay (Me.)
- Boat ramps, Oceans, Environment, and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|