U.S. Strategic maps 1:500,000
- United States Army Map Service
- prepared by the Army Map Service. Relief shown by hachures and spot heights. Shows roads, railroads and air facilities. Most maps have had "Universal transverse Mercator grid and marginal data added, 1956" (or 1955). Replaces earlier series begun as a WPA project and continued as AMS V401. Issued chiefly in quadrangles 2° of latitude by 6° of longitude.
- The Service
- United States
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- Image from the Map Collections courtesy Stanford University Libraries. This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use. If you have questions, please contact Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. You can copy, modify, distribute and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission.
- This work has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights (Public Domain Mark 1.0).