Energy Facilities Located 80km from the Northeast U.S. Coast, 2012
- United States. Department of Commerce, United States. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, United States. National Ocean Service, and Coastal Services Center (U.S.)
- This point shapefile depicts the locations of facilities that generate electricity derived from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Emissions and Generation Resource Integrated Database (eGRID) which is representative of 2009 facilities. Only facilities adjacent to the coast and Great Lakes are shown. Contained within the database are records that define the fuel source and other characteristics of the facility that may benefit ocean planners. In some cases, the presence of a facility may indicate that certain power transmission infrastructure exists nearby. Absence of a facility or lack of sufficient capacity at a facility in a given area may also be an important characteristic in future energy planning activities. Please keep in mind this is not representative of the whole eGRID. This dataset can be linked back to the additional content of the eGRID by downloading the data and joining it back to the eGRID spreadsheet using the File Plant Sequence Number field.To support coastal and ocean planning and other activities pursuant to the Energy Policy Act, Coastal Zone Management Act, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Rivers and Harbors Act and the Submerged Lands Act.
- Coastal Services Center (U.S.)
- Northeastern States and Atlantic Ocean
- Electric power-plants, Oceans, Structure, and Utilities and Communication
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|