Agricultural Minerals Operations
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- This point shapefile represents locations of agricultural minerals operations in the United States. The data represent commodities covered by the Minerals Information Team (MIT) of the U.S. Geological Survey. The mineral operations are plants and (or) mines surveyed by the MIT and considered currently active in 2003. This is a replacement for the June 2004 map layer. This layer is part of the 1997-2014 edition of the National Atlas of the United States. These data are intended for geographic display and analysis at the national level, and for large regional areas. The data should be displayed and analyzed at scales appropriate for 1:2,000,000-scale data. No responsibility is assumed by the U.S. Geological Survey or the National Atlas of the United States in the use of these data. National Atlas of the United States. (2005). Agricultural Minerals Operations. National Atlas of the United States. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/yz293xh1097. Additional minerals operations information can be obtained from the U.S. Geological Survey Minerals Information web page at <http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/>. This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- National Atlas of the United States
- National atlas of the United States of America, 1997-2014
- United States, Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York (State), North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington (D.C.), Washington (State), West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming
- Mines and mineral resources, Vermiculite, Magnesium compounds, Sulfur, Mining operations, Potash, Phosphate mines and mining, and Economy
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|