Flood Zones and Floodways: Humboldt County, California, 2015
- von Dohlen, Jerry
- This polygon shapefile depicts Modified Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Q3 Flood Data merged with Floodway Data. This coverage displays floodplain areas 100 (Zone=A) and 500 (Zone=B) year floods. These maps blank out federal and state owned lands so the flood hazard in (for instance) State or National Parks is not properly represented. Also depicts Floodway areas. The Q3 Flood Data are derived from the Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs) published by the FEMA. The file is georeferenced to the earth's surface using the geographic projection and the decimal degree coordinate system. The specifications for the horizontal control of Q3 Flood Data files are consistent with those required for mapping at a scale of 1:24000. These data have been modified by Humboldt County to better match other base datasets.The Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is responsible for protecting the public health, safety and welfare via building permit review and inspections consistent with California model codes as well as planning and development review and approval consistent with the county's General Plan. This Department oversees the Advance Planning Division, which is responsible for the Humboldt County's Geographic Information System (GIS) that is utilized by other County Departments; many federal, state and local agencies; and the general public. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- Humboldt County Planning and Building Department
- Humboldt County (Calif.)
- Hazard mitigation, Flood control, Floodplains, Flood insurance, Boundaries, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|