Flood Insurance Rate Map: Santa Cruz County, California, 2015
- Garcia, Paul and Price, Matt
- This polygon shapefile contains the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) for streams in the County of Santa Cruz, California containing all jurisdictions within the County on one set of FIRM panels. Cross-section information is lettered or numbered sequentially along each flood source, and contain Water Surface Elevations (WSELs) that are consistent for the length of the flooding source. Where analyses overlap community boundaries and analyses do not agree, the analysis with the most recent effective date shall be used. The body of the FIRM shall comprise base map information and flood hazard information, including any special notes needed for clarification . In applicable communities, it shall also include areas designated as Coastal Barrier Resources System (CBRS) units, where Federal flood insurance is unavailable. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created for Santa Cruz County, California.The Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Unit falls under the purview of the County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department. The GIS Unit serves all County departments and external customers and provides data on land, features and people of Santa Cruz County. Santa Cruz County encompasses 4 cities and approximately 265,000 people. This coverage can be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analyses of geospatial data.
- County of Santa Cruz Information Services Department
- Santa Cruz County (Calif.)
- Floods, Floodplain management, Flood damage prevention, Flood insurance, and Inland Waters
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|