Cities, California, 2015
- Schwarting, Ric and California. Department of Transportation
- This polygon shapefile contains the boundaries of cities in California as of 2015. This layer is an updated version of the 2012 layer. These data were created by extracting city boundaries from the Tax Area Services Section (TASS) of the California Board of Equalization 2013-2015 data release. The city boundary lines were digitized to match available county parcel base information provided from TASS in the format of CAD DWG layers and/or the Tax Rate Area (TRA) maps in PDF file. TIGER/Line Parcel data and ESRI Basemap imagery were used as reference layers. Additional 3 nautical mile offshore polygons were digitized for the coastal cities located from south of San Francisco to the Mexican border according to TRA maps. We keep the offshore polygons separate from their city boundaries on the lands, and put “3 nautical mile offshore” label in the attribute “Notes” for those polygons. The attributes include 2010 United States Census population and land area information, the city incorporated dates and web links are listed as well. This GIS version of California City boundaries is intended for general reference, planning, and study purposes only and does not represent official property boundary determinations. This layer is part of a collection of GIS data created by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans).This dataset is intended for researchers, students, and policy makers for reference and mapping purposes, and may be used for basic applications such as viewing, querying, and map output production, or to provide a basemap to support graphical overlays and analysis with other spatial data.
- California. Department of Transportation
- Cities and towns, Metropolitan areas, Population statistics, Boundaries, and Society
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. http://www.gnu.org/licenses.
- Copyright resides with the originator.
|Click on map to inspect values|