Kelp Canopy: California, 2009
- Resources Legacy Fund Foundation , Marine Protected Areas Monitoring Enterprise, Ocean Imaging, Corp., California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), and MBC Applied Environmental Sciences
- The data for this polygon shapefile was collected and created with the same camera system and processing software as the 2008 survey. Surface and subsurface kelp canopy imagery was collected and processed with separate classification schemes. The shapefile was created from Digital Multi-Spectral Camera image files. The data was collected and processed by Ocean Imaging under contract by the Resources Legacy Fund Foundation (RLFF) for the Marine Protected Areas Monitoring Enterprise. This dataset represents the 2009 aerial kelp survey. The imagery was collected on October 01, 2009 from an altitude of 12,500 feet. Surveys were planned to coincide with periods of minimal change between high and low tides to avoid strong tidal induced currents. This coverage is complete, although the user should note any omissions. The data are projected in California Teale Albers using North American Datum 1983. File reindexed to match CDFW kelp administrative kelp bed boundaries modified by changes to California Code of Regulations, Title 14, Section 165, effective April 1, 2014.This dataset was developed for the Marine Protected Areas Monitoring Enterprise to assess the extent of kelp canopy resources along the North Central California coast (Pigeon Point to Alder Creek).
- California. Department of Fish and Game. Marine Resources Region
- California and Pacific Ocean
- Coasts, Marine habitats, Kelps, Algae, Remote sensing, Aerial surveys, Biology and Ecology, and Oceans
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|