Marine Jurisdictions, Northeast United States, 2010
- United States. Department of Commerce, United States. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and United States. National Ocean Service
- a standardized compilation of published marine boundaries from the NOAA Office of Coast Survey and the Minerals Management Service. Authoritative marine boundary data and information is available from the Agency of Responsibility, although often only at a regional-scale and in a number of differing and disparate formats. The NOAA Coastal Services Center, working in conjunction with the Agency of Responsibility through the FGDC Marine Boundary Working Group, has compiled and standardized several datasets to create a national-scale, standardized data set based on several OGC and FGDC standards. Such datasets help to alleviate the initial cost of data mining, collecting, and the processing necessary to utilize such datasets for a variety of uses. Not for use for scales greater than 1:25,000.The NOAA Coastal Services Center's Marine Jurisdiction dataset was created to assist in marine spatial planning and offshore alternative energy sitting. This is a composite dataset derived from a collection of authoritative marine boundary data provided by the DIO Minerals Management Service and the NOAA Office of Coast Survey.
- United States. National Ocean Service
- Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay), Cape Cod Bay (Mass.), Casco Bay (Me.), Connecticut, Maine, Maine, Gulf of, Massachusetts Bay (Mass.), Massachusetts, Nantucket Sound (Mass.), New Hampshire, New York (State), Penobscot Bay (Me.), Rhode Island Sound (Mass. and R.I.), Rhode Island, Long Island Sound (N.Y. and Conn.), and Vineyard Sound (Mass.)
- Economic zones (Law of the sea), United States. Submerged Lands Act, Contiguous zones (Law of the sea), Territorial waters, Marine spatial planning, Oceans, Planning and Cadastral, Environment, and Boundaries
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|