Roads, North America, 2004
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística, Geografía e Informática (Mexico), Geological Survey (U.S.), and Canada Centre for Remote Sensing
- This line shapefile represents roads in North America at 1:1,000,000 scale. The roads included in this layer are either those that connect major centres of population or selected frontier roads. Roads under construction are not shown. There are three road classes: Major roads, which are divided, multi-lane, limited access highways; Secondary roads, which are all roads that do not meet the definition of major roads; and Ferries, which are major ferry links which run either year round or through periods when ice conditions permit. This data set was produced using digital files supplied by Natural Resources Canada, Instituto Nacional de Estadística Geografía e Informática, and the U.S. Geological Survey. This layer is part of the 1997-2014 edition of the National Atlas of the United States.The North American Atlas data are intended for geographic display and analysis at the national and continental level. These data should be displayed and analyzed at scales appropriate for 1:10,000,000-scale data. No responsibility is assumed by Natural Resources Canada, Instituto Nacional de Estadística Geografía e Informática, or the U.S. Geological Survey in the use of these data.
- Geological Survey (U.S.)
- North America, Canada, United States, and Mexico
- Roads and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|