Anchorages, Northeast United States, 2013
- Baldwin Group
- This polygon shapefile represents anchorages in the Northeastern United States. The areas described are designated as special anchorage areas for purposes of 33 U.S.C. §§2030(g) and 2035(j). Vessels of less than 20 meters in length, and barges, canal boats, scows, or other nondescript craft, are not required to sound signals required by rule 35 of the Inland Navigation Rules (33 U.S.C. 2035). Vessels of less than 20 meters are not required to exhibit anchor lights or shapes required by rule 30 of the Inland Navigation Rules (33 U.S.C. 2030). The anchorage grounds for vessels described in Subpart B of this part are established, and the rules and regulations in relation thereto adopted, pursuant to the authority contained in section 7 of the act of March 4, 1915, as amended (38 Stat. 1053; 33 U.S.C. 471). To support coastal and ocean planning and other activities pursuant to the Coastal Zone Management Act, Energy Policy Act, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Rivers and Harbors Act and the Submerged Lands Act. Baldwin Group. (2013). Anchorages, Northeast United States, 2013. NOAA Coastal Services Center. Available at: http://purl.stanford.edu/zy083wf7998. Not to be used for navigation This layer is presented in the WGS84 coordinate system for web display purposes. Downloadable data are provided in native coordinate system or projection.
- Coastal Services Center (U.S.)
- Northeast Ocean Data : Maps and data for ocean planning in the northeastern United States
- Block Island Sound (R.I.), Rhode Island Sound (Mass. and R.I.), Rhode Island, Blue Hill Bay (Me.), Boston Harbor (Mass.), Buzzards Bay (Mass. : Bay), Maine, Cape Cod Bay (Mass.), Casco Bay (Me.), Cobscook Bay (Me.), Connecticut, Frenchman Bay (Me.), Maine, Gulf of, Ipswich Bay (Mass.), Long Island Sound (N.Y. and Conn.), Saco Bay (Me.), Vineyard Sound (Mass.), Machias Bay (Me.), Massachusetts Bay (Mass.), Massachusetts, Nantucket Sound (Mass.), Narragansett Bay (R.I.), New Hampshire, New York (State), and Penobscot Bay (Me.)
- Anchorage, Oceans, Boundaries, Environment, and Transportation
- Held by
- More details at
- Use and reproduction
- This item is in the public domain. There are no restrictions on use.
- This work is in the Public Domain, meaning that it is not subject to copyright.
|Click on map to inspect values|